Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh weekend where did you go????....

After a nice weekend of Football, Church, Meetings, Family, and Youth it is back to work at the DOT... Last week was spent in class learning about IBM XIV units and TS7720 (Virtual Tape), this is part of the $10 million that the state spent between DOT and ISD for a more reliable Disaster Recovery system. This was a ton of information shoved into our brains in a very short period of time by a less than desirable instructor.

I learned a great deal from this instructor, about how uncool it is to not answer someones question, to skirt the issue. Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean that you should not respond to the student! Just simple be realistic and say "I don't know but I will check into it and let you know!", how simple is that???!

Then there was the church business meeting... First I knew I had to spend some time with my youth on the flag football field behind the church, gotta get in that exercises! Plus I thought that if i had a little bit of an odor the members of the church might not wanna keep me long in the meeting and would send me back to the field. (How awful of me, but I hate business meetings!!) My main objective was to get in and out of the meeting in a hurry and convey my future plans to the church of my desire to go back to school. And it partially worked! Not even a question about what I wanted to go back to school for... Do they not care or do they simply trust me and are willing to go along with whatever. That's cool with me, I just wanted them to know. So back to the field I went, to play another 15 minutes with the youth. Thanks to one of my parents for overseeing this in my absence.

Like I said, it was a  good weekend, Auburn won, Lowndes won, Bamer won, and Notre Dame lost! If Ole Miss had a coach that had some better play calling they might have won, making it an even better weekend... Oh how i love these fall days of cool crisp weather... Wait? Where did that come from??

Much Love and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment